Friday, November 15, 2013

A Gift and A Promise


This large (24" x 55") diptych is included in my show at the Kimball Gallery.  I love exploring our temporary island homes on foot as well as by boat while on kayak adventures.  Each island has it's own flavor and features, some more accessible for rock scrambling than others.  It's always a gift when I encounter the more permanent residents... a mink or otter foraging the edges, mice cleaning the kitchen.  Eagles soar above, butterflies and bumble bees (those bright orange ones that always think my sun shirt is a bluebell flower) in more tumbling flight, the rare bear or wolf exploring the tideline.  I like to believe that I belong here too and renew my promise to cherish and protect this environment that does so much to feed my soul.

No comments: