Saturday, January 10, 2015

Found!

"Passing Storm, Tebenkof Bay" 24x30 inches, acrylic on canvas

I know it's been awhile since you've heard from "Picture This."  Sorry, I wandered off, but you know my motto "not all those who wander are lost."  So, back in the studio I've been busy revisiting this summers most excellent trip to Tebenkof Bay in SE Alaska.  I have a line up of new paintings completed and in the works for an upcoming solo show at Morso's in Gig Harbor.  The show will represent several adventures into the wilderness, from the Rocky Mountains of Montana up the chain to arctic Alaska and kayaking back down our glorious north pacific coast.   Besides the opening reception on Valentines Day, Feb. 14th (1 to 3 PM), I'll be giving two presentations (Feb 19, 7 to 9PM and March 7, noon to 2PM) about the National Park & Forest Service artist residency programs and my own experiences "playing ranger" in the wild.   Here's your first postcard from Tebenkof Bay….. the special calm that comes only after the chaos of a storm, titled "Passing Storm".

No comments: